Thursday, August 30, 2007

Edmunston, New Brunswick

Finally we are back in "English speaking" territory! Although we enjoyed our brief visit to Quebec, we are glad to be back where we do not need an interpreter (for us, a dictionary) to understand the road signs! We are on our way to Shediac, NB where we will stay for the weekend. But here we are close to the US and will probably cross the border today to gas up my car and get a few supplies at American prices. Canadian prices are atrocious! It started raining here last night around bedtime and rained off & on all night. And it is still raining! Sure am glad we aren't here to do any sight-seeing! But I am hoping that this is not how the weather will be through the weekend! In other words, I hope this is not the same "front" that did such devastation to the midwest in terms of flooding! We can't pull in any TV stations here at the RV park and the satellite system won't work because of all the surrounding trees. But thank heavens for the internet! I checked the weather at Shediac and it is supposed to be nice until Monday.
When we stopped at the NB welcome center, we were informed that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are putting on a concert in Moncton (a city not too far from Shediac). So just for the heck of it, we inquired about tickets. We were told that the admission is $165.00 PER PERSON! Needless to say, that is one concert we will not be going to!
I took a few pictures of the RV park where we are staying until Friday. It is lovely and peaceful here. The name of the river where the park is located is the Iroquois....really clear and gently flowing. There are lots of little stones on the bank and I tried skipping stones on the water like I used to do when I was a kid. But I have lost my knack....totally! So click here to see stuff!

No comments: